Wednesday, March 4, 2015

All Mighty Dollah

"I love tax season!" Said no one ever...

Just kidding, I happen to enjoy tax season. Not only because I used to work in a tax office but because I love getting a big fat refund. 

I read somewhere that if you do it right, you really shouldn't be getting a tax refund at all. This means that your weekly tax deductions match up with you tax liability when you file your taxes. Quite honestly, I'm not about that shit. Taxes are like a savings plan that you don't even have to think about.

My lovely tax accountant called me today to let me know what my refund amounts would be. I feel like when you get that call, it's like an STD test results call.

Positive: You Owe
Negative: Refund city

Lucky for me, I tested negative. 

Then I was tasked with the biggest decision of my week, what the hell am I going to do with all this extra (not really) money. I decided that I am going to spend a little, save a little and pay down a lot! My man turns 30 this year so some of it will be used to help celebrate, save a little for my future and then use the rest to pay down some of my credit cards/student loans/other life shit.

It had me wondering what the trend is amongst ladies and their tax refunds. What do you gals do with that pretty penny? Do you treat yourself to something special, save it for a rainy day or deal with real life and pay down some debt?



No comments:

Post a Comment