Friday, April 3, 2015

Five on Friday: New York State of Mind

If you ever have the opportunity to go to NYC and you are traveling alone, there are a ton of amazing ways to experience the city. Don't be hesitant to go out and explore especially just because you may be alone. Go out there and tramp through the streets of the city like you're a local.

Eataly
200 Fifth Avenue

The most beautiful Italian market can be found at Eataly. This indoor market hosts authentic pasta, gelato, wine, sandwiches and my favorite, charcuterie. It's an amazing experience for the senses that you must check out when you're there. If you're feeling extremely boss like, sign up for one of the classes that they offer.


Public Transportation
The subway in NYC can be so scary. Admittedly, the first time I traveled to the city with Tim, I refused to take the subway because I was so afraid but quite honestly, it's something that every woman should be able to navigate. There are definitely some shady boots on that subway but it's an easy way to get around the city and you should definitely experience it.

Brooklyn Bridge
The Brooklyn Bridge is a beautiful way to see the city. It's about a mile walk and as you get closer to the center you start to see "love locks" which totally pulls at your heart strings. If you're not familiar with the Love Lock Bridge in Paris, France it appears that visitors to the bridge are trying to encourage the same type of symbolism.


INGLOT Store in Time Square
If you travel a lot, you NEED to go to the INGLOT store. I've never seen any close to where I live so when I saw it in Time Square, I knew I had to check it out. Their shadows and blushes are extremely pigmented but the best part is their Freedom line which allows you to complete customize a pallet of your choice. Everything is magnetic so they are easily interchangeable and great for travel. I made a blush pallet and a nice neutral pallet. It was fun to create what works for me!


Hole in the Wall Pizza Places
Get out there are try the variety of food that NY offers. Pizza places can almost be found on every corner. Try them all! It's definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment