Friday, April 17, 2015

Not Your Normal Friday

I was inspired to skip the usual Five on Friday to write about something that's been taking up a lot of time and space in my mind.

A few months ago I was fortunate to get a mini leadership training from JC Thompson at Aspire Marketing. JC taught me the concept of Self Limiting Beliefs and when people are in "panic mode" they transition to the following belief systems:

I must win
I must be right
I must be comfortable
Everyone must love me

I realized that my self limiting belief is that everyone must love me. I coincide this self limiting belief with my overall belief that I am not good enough. I am not smart enough. I don't work hard enough. I should and could do better.

I think that once I finish school, my next goal is to focus on accepting that I am enough. I'm not quite sure how to tackle this endeavor but I will get there. The next adventure will be myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment