Sunday, July 19, 2015

The New Adult

I've reached a really strange point in my life....the point where I feel like I am a true adult. When I say adult, I don't mean that I am 26 and in the sense of life that means your an adult. I mean that I am reaching a point where sometimes I feel more responsible than my parents. Or the point where I'm watching the performance of my 401K and getting excited by gains.

I think what brought this on is my dad is flying up from Florida this week and he's STAYING with Tim and I. My parents recently divorced and normally he would stay in the home I grew up in but they are in the process of selling it so it's literally EMPTY. So I offered our house and it's making me feel really strange.

For 26 years, I've relied on my parents. To always have a place for me to stay. To always be there if my bank account is at $3 and need money (at 26, this still happens sometimes). But now, my dad is relying on me for something.

Maybe this is the shift in life that happens with every adult where the people you once relied on, now rely on you more and more.

Circle of life I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Dana! I want to ((HUG)) you after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete