Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend Bucket List: Coventry Farmer Market

Two days off felt like a full week of vacation and I wanted to make the most of it. I created a list of things that I wanted to do and it really helped me not fall into the excuse of staying in bed or throwing into the work I took home. Although it was a rainy weekend, it was a rather fabulous one as well.

Saturday morning I went to the gym and then volunteered at Friday's Rescue Foundation to get my puppy fix in. I found this rescue while I was on PetFinder and realized they are only about twenty minutes away. Being there fills my heart to the brim to not only know I am helping but to get to play with the dogs and the puppies.

Tim and I had some AH-MAZING BBQ for lunch then ran some errands at Home Depot. One item on my bucket list was to plant some herbs, so I bought some soil, gravel and plants to house my mint, parsley and chive seeds.


This morning we took a ride out to the Coventry Farmers Market. I've been wanting to go here for over a year since it's the largest farmers market in New England and it definitely lived up to that reputation regardless of the weather. We found some delicious pasta sauce, goat cheese, garlic scares and fresh bread. Of course we hit up the food truck (I think every single one) and enjoyed a taco, grilled cheese, poutine and cupcakes.


For some reason I've had an obsession with scones this week so I wanted to make some homemade. I used the garlic scapes and goat cheese and they didn't come out too shabby!

It was a wonderful weekend and a great way to head into a crazy work week!

I hope you all had a just as wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment